Update: Read the detailed instructions for Oklahoma FLL Volunteer Sign Up Information. <– this link
Registration for Oklahoma FLL qualifying tournaments is open! Sign up for your first choice before it fills up! Simply:
- sign into your FLL team account (at this link)
- select “Team Summary” and then select “Edit/View” in the “Events” section.
- select “View choose” events
- select “view event” next to the event of interest
- select the “apply” button
We have nine tournaments to choose from, on three different weekends!
Nov 7, 2015: Oklahoma City (Mount St. Mary), Muskogee
Nov 14, 2015: Oklahoma City (Francis Tuttle), Jenks, Tulsa (Memorial)
Nov 21, 2015: Chickasha, Shawnee, Tulsa (Union), Tulsa (TU)
With nine events and almost 200 teams, we need a lot of volunteers! Please sign up on the FIRST Volunteer Information & Matching System. If you have parents who will be attending, they will be sitting around all day except when they are watching their child’s robot matches, so here is an opportunity for them to get involved (and still get to see their child’s robot matches):
- Go to the VIMS web page.
- Click the button under “New Volunteers, Start Here” (or log in with your FIRST credentials if you already have an account)
- Follow directions (a help document is available for download)
Good luck, teams!
Game Review and Seminar at Mount St. Mary High School.
Time: Saturday August 29 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Location: Mount St. Mary High School, 2801 S. Shartel Ave, OKC (map) – just south of downtown Oklahoma City.
Please RSVP to email@example.com with number of attendees. We want to accommodate as many teams as possible but, we have to abide by the Fire Marshall’s rules for occupancy!
2:00-2:30 Registration and Team Building Activities
2:30-3:00 FLL Game Reveal Review
3:00-4:00 Mission Details
4:00-4:30 Project and Presentation Seminar
4:30-5:30 Discussion and Q & A
5:30-6:00 Mentoring Appointments and Closing
- FRC Team 2359 – RoboLobos (Edmond Santa Fe)
- FRC Team 1561 – RoboDucks (Francis Tuttle)
- FRC Team 2723 – Team Rocket, including FTC Teams 3638 “Atomic Shock”, 4622 “Red Dirt Robotics”, 4962 “The Rockettes” (Mount St. Mary)
- FLL Team 11 “Baking Soda Volcano” (St.Charles Borromeo)
There will be a similar event held in the Tulsa area September 12. Please contact Craig Shreve (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Lane Matheson (email@example.com ) for more information.
Welcome to the new FIRST LEGO League season!
Here are some important dates:
Aug 8, 2015: Information session (click for more info)
- 9:30am – noon
- Tulsa-Memorial High School, 5840 S Hudson Ave., Tulsa, OK
- Room 128, enter through the front of building (East of – South Yale Ave & East 61st Street South; Host-Lane Matheson, cell 918-991-8326)
Aug 15, 2015: Information session (click for more info)
- 9:30am – noon
- Edmond-Santa Fe HS, 1901 W 15th St, Edmond, OK (Near 15th & Santa Fe)
- Room 17 (enter through the front of building –off of West 15th street; Host-Randy Blackwood, cell 405-496-4250)
Aug 24, 2015: Grant application deadline for Oklahoma public/charter school teams (click for more info)
Aug 25, 2015 @ 11am: Trash Trek challenge release
September 12, 2015: Kickoff events in Tulsa and Oklahoma City (sites TBA)
Oct 2015: Training events in Tulsa and Shawnee (TBA)
Nov 7, 14, and 21: Oklahoma qualifying tournaments (many locations around the state, TBA)
Dec 5, 2015: Oklahoma State Championship Tournament, Tulsa Memorial High School.